Change of hours up to and including the 25th of June 2021 – 08:00 to 10:00 hrs.
The group meets on Tuesday and Friday mornings, 08:00 to 10:00, at Calpe Sports Pavilion.
Starting from 03 July, we shall be playing Saturday mornings, 09:00 to 12:00. Regular Tue/Fri sessions will restart in September, date to be advised.
To ensure compliance with COVID-19 safety, the following temporary rules are currently imposed:
- Doubles allowed only if wearing face masks or are two household members playing together. Otherwise singles only.
- Social distancing is to be maintained except for partners living together. Note this also applies if your ball goes out of play and into another playing area. In this case DO NOT chase after it.
Instead, calmly wait for it to be returned to you, as it assuredly will be.
- Social distancing is also to be maintained while waiting to play, unless wearing face masks. If necessary, the seating in the arena can be used.
- At the end of a game, bowing (Chinese/Japanese style) is perfectly OK but handshakes and high fives must be avoided (likewise elbow or foot brushes). Opposing players should always change ends so they cross by opposite sides of the table.
- If there is a shortage of tables, rationing shall be applied. If others are waiting to play, a table shall be vacated at the end of a match.
- I shall arbitrate in any cases of dispute, with my decision being final.
- It is appreciated most players will not want to use face masks and/or gloves, so the use of these shall be optional (but see rule 1 above).
Place and time
Calpe Sports Pavilion
Tuesdays and Fridays 9:15 to 11:45